Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lost Sputnik turns 1!

Exactly one year ago, I embarked on a journey that made a big impact in my life.

I went around the Philippines for two and a half months with no concrete itinerary in hand. I was literally living in a suitcase, well a backpack to be exact.I went from one place to another and didn't really know where I wanted to go. Pretty much the same as how my life was back then. I really didn't know where my life was headed to. I felt like I was just doing things for me to get by but with no specific goal whatsoever. I felt empty. I felt angry.

During that time, all I wanted to do was to be away from everyone and everything. To get lost somewhere and hoped that I would find myself one day.

Luckily and thankfully, I did.

And looking back now, I can't believe how far I've gone.

I read a few articles I've written before and I couldn't picture myself that way anymore. The emotions I've felt while writing all the things in my blog at that time seemed so distant or strange to me now. It's probably because I'm in a better disposition now. And I couldn't be thankful enough.

Hopefully, things will stay the same.

I'm taking it one day at a time. Enjoying every bits of it.

Trying to keep positive at all times.


Til Then,

The Lost Sputnik

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I'm Upper Viceo from October Eighty Publications. We have a travel magazine called ROAM. The first issue shall be out third week of July. I would like to invite you to be a contributor for our magazine.

Our company has already published three magazines which are already out in the market: BOUNCE (a college culture magazine bouncemag.multiply.com), PLAYGROUND (a cross platform gaming magazine playgroundmag.multiply.com), and FLOW, an arts and design magazine.

Should you be interested to contribute for us, feel free to email me at uviceo@octobereighty.com

Lemme know. Thanks!

- Upper :)

Layrayski said...

Hi lost sputnik, I came by your page because I was looking for casaroro falls. I turned to look at your latest entry and read this. Its nice reading something positive from all the traveling that you did. Sometimes when you try to get away from everything you still wind up meeting yourself, huh? =)good luck and God bless =)

Sputnik said...

Weird. This must be one of the closest things to parallel universe that I've ever experience.

The thing is, I have been thinking a lot of taking exactly the same trip like yours, but only around Indonesia. I recently started a blog and made an entry about it.

Link : http://sputnikme.blogspot.com/2009/06/grandest-trip-of-them-all.html

Came across your blog today when I was googling for my own blog--incidentally named Sputnik as well!

PS: The name for me comes from one of my favorite writers H.Murakami. Well, I plan to read all your entries, browsing through them certainly looks like good stuff.

The other Sputnik

ritch tan said...

no more post for 2009 travel? thanks for your informative inputs.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!